Farming Innovation Programme: 2 new competitions launched
The Farming Innovation Programme is part of Defra’s investment in innovation, research and development.
Defra is partnering with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) to fund projects that benefit farmers, growers and foresters in England.
All funding will be awarded through competitions. This means applications for each competition will be judged, and only the successful ones will be funded.
The programme’s aims are to:
- help farmers, growers and foresters increase productivity, sustainability and resilience
- reduce the environmental impact of agriculture and horticulture
- apply agricultural research to provide real benefits for farmers, growers and foresters
- use science to develop solutions for the practical challenges in agriculture and horticulture
To get funding, you must work in collaboration with a team.
From Wednesday, 30 March, you can apply for a share of £20.5 million funding in 2 new competitions in the Farming Innovation Programme in partnership with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
- The Farming Futures Research and Development Fund (climate smart farming)
- Large Research and Development Partnership Projects
Find out more here.